- Last Updated: 11:08 PM, January 21, 2011
- Posted: 6:01 PM, January 21, 2011
The Knicks offered Wilson Chandler, Landry Fields and a first-round draft pick to the Nuggets in exchange for Carmelo Anthony but were turned down, ESPN 1050 Radio reports.
The Knicks are strongly considered to be a destination for Anthony, a free agent to be, now that the Nets have called off talks that also involved the Pistons.
Anthony did not attend Nuggets shootaround Friday but coach George Karl said he expects the All-Star to play against the Rockets.
Wednesday, Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov pulled his team from talks with the Nuggets, saying they had become too expensive. The Nets would have parted with up to eight players and up to three first-round picks if the deal had been completed.
The Knicks said they would not rush into talks after learning of the Nets' withdrawal.
The first-round pick the Knicks would deal has not been acquired by them yet, the report says. Rumors have them sending Anthony Randolph to the Timberwolves for a first-round pick if need be.Follow @NYPostsports